Author: Paulus Family
- 6 large green peppers
- 1-1.5 pounds ground beef
- ½ of a small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic. minced
- 1 c cooked rice
- 1 t salt
- 15-25 ounces tomato sauce (1 can is 15 oz., depends on how moist you want your peppers, I use more than one can)
- ¾ c shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut off top of peppers and remove seeds and membranes.
- Cook peppers in enough boiling water to cover for 5 minutes and then drain.
- Cook ground beef, onion, and garlic and then drain off fat.
- Stir in rice, salt, and 10-15 oz tomato sauce. Heat through.
- Stuff each pepper with beef mixture and stand upright in ungreased square baking dish.
- Pour some tomato sauce over the tops.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese.