Baked Acorn Squash
Author: Paulus Family
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 T butter
- 2 T brown sugar
- 2 t maple syrup
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a strong knife, cut the acorn squash in half, lengthwise, from stem to end.
- Scoop out seeds and stringy part in center.
- Score the inside of each half several times with a sharp knife.
- Place each half in a baking pan, cut side up.
- Add about ¼ inch of water so the skin doesn't burn and squash doesn't dry out.
- Coat the inside of each squash with the butter.
- Add a dash of salt if using unsalted butter. Add 1 T brown sugar to each and drizzle 1 t maple syrup to each.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes (until squash is very soft and tops are browned).