Pumpkin Pie Crunch Bars
The submitter of this recipe says she likes it cold with whipped cream or warm with vanilla ice cream. Gay also says that it can be made with ½ the butter/margarine and it still tastes great. Thanks Gay! By the way - we carry both the neck pumpkins and the pumpkin pie spice!
Author: Gay Kirkpatrick
- 2 c freshly cooked pumpkin
- ½ c granulated sugar
- ½ c brown sugar
- 1 can fat free evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 t Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ t salt
- Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 c chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 1 c melted butter or margarine
- Beat first 7 ingredients and pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan. (Can substitute a 15 oz can of Libby's easy pumpkin pie mix for the first 3 ingredients if desired.)
- Pour cake mix over pumpkin mixture.
- Sprinkle nuts over the top.
- Drizzle butter over all and bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until golden brown.