Squash and Apple Bake
Author: Paulus Family
- ½ c packed light brown sugar
- ¼ c butter, melted
- 1 T all-purpose flour
- 1 t salt
- ½ t ground mace
- 2 lbs butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cut into ½ inch slices
- 2 large apples - cored, and cut into ½ inch slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, butter, flour, salt, and mace.
- Arrange squash in an ungreased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Top with slices of apple, then sprinkle with the sugar mixture.
- Cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes in a preheated oven, or until squash is tender.