Spiced Apple-Pear Freezer Jam
Author: Paulus Family
- 4 c chopped, peeled, and cored apples (about 5 medium)
- 4 c chopped, peeled, and cored pears (about 5 medium)
- ¼ c water
- 1 c sugar
- ½ c brown sugar
- ¾ t cinnamon
- ¼ t nutmeg
- ¼ t allspice
- 1 pouch freezer jam pectin
- Combine apples, pears, and water in a sauce pot. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Lightly crush fruit.
- Measure 4 c cooked fruit and combine with sugars and spices in medium bowl.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Gradually stir freezer jam pectin into fruit mixture. Stir 3 minutes; let stand 5 minutes.
- Ladle jam into containers, leaving ½ inch head space.