Applesauce Maple Muffins
Author: Paulus Family
- 2 c whole wheat flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1¼ c applesauce
- ½ c maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- ½ c raisins or chopped walnuts
- Combine the flour and baking powder, and stir to mix well.
- Add the applesauce, maple syrup, and egg whites. Stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in raisins or walnuts.
- Coat muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray, and fill ¾ full with the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 16-18 minutes, or just until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven, and allow it to sit for 5 minutes before removing the muffins. Makes 12 muffins.