Apple Cranberry Sauce
This recipe comes from "At Home" magazine.
- ½ c apple juice or apple cider
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 9 medium apples - a mixture of Gala, Fuji, and Rome is a great combination
- 1 T lemon zest
- ¼ to ½ c sugar
- Add apple juice or cider and the cranberries to a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cut up apples and cook on medium heat for about 10 to 15 minutes until the apples can be pierced with a knife.
- Turn off the heat and add the zest and the sugar to taste. Start with the ¼ c sugar and add more depending on the sweetness of the apples.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Store in the refrigerator.