Sweet Potato Pone
This recipe comes from a farm friend in South Carolina. They enjoy it every Thanksgiving and Christmas!
- 3 c grated sweet potatoes (wash well, no need to peel)
- juice of one orange or 2 T juice concentrate
- 1 c sugar
- ½ stick margarine
- 2 T dark Karo Syrup
- ⅛ t cinnamon
- ⅛ t allspice
- ½ c milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1½ t ginger
- ⅛ t nutmeg
- Melt margarine in a casserole dish.
- Mix other ingredients in bowl.
- Pour into casserole dish, on top of margarine, without mixing.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour, uncovered.