Stuffed Pepper Soup
This recipe comes from one of our employees; she works at the stand and made it for all of us recently. It was great!
Author: Lucy Micsky
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 green peppers, chopped
- 12-14 c fresh tomato puree (take fresh tomatoes, heat on stove, run through sauce master, and then heat to reduce volume and thicken.)
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 c water
- 1 T brown sugar (you can add additional sugar to cut the acidity of the tomatoes if you like)
- ¾ c uncooked white rice
- spices to taste such as salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Brown the beef, onion, and peppers. Drain well.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer on low until the rice is cooked, or cook rice separately and add to soup after simmering.
- Add more water if soup is too thick.