Red, White, and Blueberry Squares
This recipe is awesome! I didn't expect to like it because of the marshmallow creme, but I loved it!
Author: Paulus Family
- 1½ c flour
- ¾ c packed brown sugar
- ¾ c margarine or butter
- ¾ c finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 c fresh blueberries
- 1-8 oz. package cream cheese, room temp.
- 1 t vanilla
- 1-7 oz. jar marshmallow creme
- 1-8 oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 c fresh red raspberries
- 1¼ c sugar
- ¼ c cornstarch
- 2 c water
- 1-3 oz. package raspberry Jell-O
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; mix well.
- With a fork or pastry blender, cut in butter until coarse crumbs form.
- Stir in chopped nuts.
- Lightly press crumb mixture into an ungreased 15x10x1 jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 325 for 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Sprinkle blueberries over cooled crust.
- In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add marshmallow creme; beat just until blended.
- Fold in whipped topping and spread over blueberries.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Sprinkle raspberries over top of cheese mixture.
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and water; mix well.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and becomes clear (Karen's note: When I made it, it never actually became clear - just nice and thick).
- Remove from heat and stir in Jell-O.
- Let glaze cool 20-30 minutes and carefully spoon over raspberries.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and then cut into squares. Store in refrigerator.