Blueberry Stuffed French Toast
This recipe comes from one of our awesome corn cops! It needs to be prepared the night before and refrigerated overnight.
Author: Ty Strohl
- 12 slices thick bread
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 3 c fresh blueberries
- 10 eggs
- ⅓ c real maple syrup (we sell this at the farm!)
- 2 c milk
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 c water
- 1 c sugar
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1 T butter
- Grease a 9 x 13 glass pan.
- Remove the crust from the bread and cube it.
- Put half the bread in the bottom of the pan.
- Distribute cream cheese over the top of the bread.
- Sprinkle 1 c of the blueberries over the cream cheese and then put remaining bread over berries.
- Beat eggs, maple syrup, and milk in bowl. Add cinnamon and pour over bread.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place foil over dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- To prepare sauce, mix 1 c water, 1 c sugar, 1 c blueberries, and 2 T cornstarch in pan and cook until thick. Add remaining blueberries and 1 T butter.
- Pour sauce over the top of cooked french toast.