Chunky Crab Chowder
Another awesome recipe from Dan's mom!
Author: Jo Ann Paulus
- 1 lb crab chunks
- 1 c chopped sweet red pepper
- ½ c chopped onion
- ¼ t crushed basil leaves
- 2 c shredded zucchini
- 5 T butter
- 4 T flour
- 4 c milk
- 1 c peas, cooked and drained
- 1 c corn, cooked and drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz cream cheese, chunked
- 1 c fresh tomatoes
- Cut crab into bite sized chunks and set aside.
- In large pan, sauté red pepper, onion, and zucchini in butter until tender.
- Add basil, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Stir in flour.
- Add milk slowly, stirring to blend well, until bubbly.
- Add peas, tomatoes, and corn. Cook 2 minutes. Tomatoes will be crunchy.
- Stir in cream cheese and crab.
- Heat slowly and stir gently until cream cheese is melted.