Apple Feta Chicken
Dan used to sell chicken for Perdue so, of course, we recommend Perdue chicken! The recipe calls for one red and one green apple, but you can certainly substitute two red apples, I made it with 2 Fuji. The recipe calls for the apples to be wedged, but I think it would be great sliced as well.
Author: Paulus Family
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 green apple, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 red apple, cored and cut into wedges
- 4 T crumbled, reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 T apple juice
- ¼ t pepper
- ¼ t thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound chicken to 1 inch thickness.
- Put chicken in a single layer in a rectangular baking dish.
- Sprinkle with pepper and thyme.
- Scatter apple wedges and feta cheese on top.
- Drizzle with apple juice.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes or until juices of chicken run clear and apples are tender. Uncover for last 10 minutes.