Apple Cider Pound Cake
Author: Paulus Family
- 1 c butter, softened
- ½ c shortening
- 3 c sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 c flour
- ½ t baking powder
- 1½ t apple pie spice
- 1 c apple cider
- 1 t vanilla
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Cream butter and shortening in mixing bowl. Gradually add sugar beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and apple pie spice. Add to creamed mixture, alternating dry ingredients with the apple cider. Begin and end with dry ingredients.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour into tube pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10-15 minutes and remove from pan. Cool on cooling rack.