I included this recipe in a newsletter last year right around Thanksgiving time. We love to make this when it's cold out and we often have it as part of our Thanksgiving meal - but you can enjoy it anytime! We have it as part of a meal but it's sweet enough to be used as a dessert. The recipe comes from Dan's mom, Jo Ann.
Author: Jo Ann Paulus
- 10 Medium Apples
- ½ c + 2 T Sugar
- ½ c + 2 T Brown Sugar
- 2 t Cinnamon
- ½ t nutmeg
- ½ c butter or margarine
- Grease a rectangular pan.
- Peel and slice apples and put them in the pan.
- Mix sugars, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour over apples.
- Put butter, in small pieces, on the top.
- Cover and cook for 55 minutes at 350 degrees.