Zucchini Pickle Relish
We make a bunch of this and then can it in pint jars. Awesome relish!
Author: Paulus Family
- 10 c zucchini, chopped
- 4 c onions, chopped
- 4 green peppers, chopped
- ½ c salt
- 2½ c white vinegar
- 4½ c sugar
- 1 t nutmeg
- 1 t tumeric
- 1 t cornstarch
- 1 t celery seed
- Mix zucchini, onions, and green peppers.
- Add salt and let stand for a few hours.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Heat vinegar, sugar, nutmeg, tumeric, cornstarch, and celery seed.
- Add vegetables and boil for 30 minutes.
- To can: Put in pint sized canning jars. Put jars in water bath and bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes and then remove jars.