Taffy Apple Pizza
Karen used to sell Pampered Chef, and this recipe was always a hit!
Author: Pampered Chef
- 1 package (18 oz) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- ½ t vanilla
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- ½ c brown sugar
- ¼ c creamy peanut butter
- 3 medium apples
- ¼ c caramel ice cream topping
- ½ c peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape cookie dough into a ball and place in center of a large, round baking stone. Flatten slightly. Using a floured roller, roll dough to a 14 inch circle (about ¼ inch thick). Bake 16-18 minutes or until light brown. Cool 10 minutes and then carefully loosen cookie from stone by using a large serrated knife. Cool completely on stone.
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla. Mix well and then spread on cookie.
- Peel, core, and slice apples and arrange over cream cheese mixture. (Note: if you are not serving right away you can dip apples in a lemon-lime soda or lemon juice to keep them from turning brown)
- Microwave ice cream topping on high for 30-45 seconds or until warm. Drizzle evenly over apples.
- Chop peanuts and spread over apples.
- Cut into wedges.