This recipe comes from one of our employees!
Author: Marcie Fuhrman
- 1½ c sugar
- ¼ c flour
- ¼ t salt
- ¼ t nutmeg
- 3 c rhubarb, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 c strawberries, sliced
- pastry for pie shell
- Combine sugar, flour, salt, and nutmeg.
- Add rhubarb pieces and sliced strawberries, toss gently to coat fruit.
- Let stand 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare and roll out pastry.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry.
- Pour fruit mixture into pie plate.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake 40-45 minutes at 400 degrees.
An alternative to this recipe is to use equal amounts of rhubarb and strawberries (2 c each). You can also make pastry for a double crust and place pastry on top of filling. Cut slits in top to allow steam to escape, seal and flute edges. Brush top of pie with cold water and sprinkle with 1 T sugar. Bake at 425 for 40 to 50 minutes.