This is a casserole dish of seasonal vegetables that is easy to prepare. It can be made a day ahead - just reheat before serving. Lemon juice can be substituted for balsamic vinegar, and you can use baking potatoes if you do not have any Yukon Gold on hand.
Author: Paulus Family
- 1 small butternut squash, cubed
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 T chopped fresh thyme
- 2 T chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ c olive oil
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the squash, red bell peppers, sweet potato, and Yukon Gold potatoes.
- Separate the red onion quarters into pieces, and add to the mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir together thyme, rosemary, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Toss with vegetables until they are coated.
- Spread evenly on a large roasting pan.
- Roast for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through and browned.