Author: Paulus Family
- 4 c diced potatoes
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 t salt
- White Sauce:
- 4 T butter
- 4 T flour
- 2 c milk
- 1 c grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook potatoes, onion, and salt in boiling water for five minutes and then drain.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and then add flour mixing until smooth.
- Slowly add the milk to the saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Add the cheese to the saucepan and heat and stir until cheese has melted.
- Place potatoes in a greased baking dish and pour the white sauce on top.
- Optional: Combine ½ c crushed cracker crumbs and 2 T melted butter and then sprinkle over the potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.