Author: Paulus Family
- 8 perfect peaches (easily found at Paulus Orchards!)
- ¼ c packed brown sugar
- 1 T ground cinnamon
- pastry for 2-crust pie
- spicy honey sauce (recipe below)
- sweetened whipped cream
- Spicy Honey Sauce:
- ⅔ c maple syrup (PA Maple syrup sold at Paulus Orchards)
- ⅓ c honey (Use honey made from the bees at Paulus Orchards!)
- ½ t ground allspice
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400 deg.
- Peel peaches and cut in half. Removes stones. Drain on paper towels, keeping pairs matched.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Fill each peach pit hole with brown sugar and cinnamon. Press matched halves together.
- Divide pastry in half and roll each half into a 14-inch square.
- Cut each 14-inch square into four 7-inch squares.
- Place a peach on each square. Moisten corners of pastry squares; bring 2 opposite corners up over peach and pinch.
- Repeat with opposite corners; pinch edges to seal.
- Place dumplings in a baking dish large enough that dough does not touch.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare spicy honey sauce by mixing maple syrup with honey in a small, heavy saucepan and heating over LOW heat while stirring. When syrup is hot, add spices and cook over MEDIUM heat, stirring until sauce boils. Makes 1 cup.
- Serve dumplings warm or cool with warm sauce and sweetened whipped cream.