Homemade Peach Ice Cream
If you have an ice cream freezer, this recipe is sure to please! This is for a 4 quart freezer. Adjust recipe if you have a different size.
Author: Paulus Family
- 4 c milk
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1¾ c sugar
- ½ t salt
- 3 T vanilla
- 1 pound peaches, crushed, with extra sugar on top (we actually go a little heavier on the peaches)
- Cook milk, eggs, sugar, and salt until thick. (I do this in a glass bowl in the microwave stirring frequently - depending on your microwave it will probably take about 10-20 minutes on high.)
- Cool and refrigerate overnight (or at least a few hours).
- In blender, mix the cooked milk mixture with the peaches.
- Pour into inner freezer chamber and add the evaporated milk and the vanilla.
- Put freezer chamber in the ice cream bucket and layer crushed ice and rock salt and freeze according to your freezer's directions.
- To make strawberry ice cream, substitute 1 qt mashed berries sprinkled with sugar.