Cinnamon Apple Oven Pancake
Author: Paulus Family
- ¼ c butter
- 1 c flour
- 2 c milk
- 3 eggs
- ½ t salt
- 2 T butter
- 2 t cornstarch
- 1 T cold water
- ⅓ c packed brown sugar
- ½ t cinnamon
- 2 medium apples, cored and sliced ½ inch
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 12x8 inch baking pan, melt ¼ c butter in oven (about 5 minutes).
- In small mixing bowl combine all remaining pancake ingredients. Beat at low speed until well mixed, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour melted butter into batter and continue beating until well mixed.
- Pour batter into hot pan. Bake 30-40 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Meanwhile in 10 inch skillet, melt 2 T butter.
- In small bowl stir together cornstarch and water.
- Stir brown sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch mixture into butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and mixture bubbles and thickens (about 2-3 minutes). Stir into apples and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until apples are evenly coated and slightly tender (about 10-12 minutes).
- Spoon filling over hot pancake and serve immediately.