This recipe is from a lady at our church. It makes a great breakfast!
- 14 slices bread
- 7 slices cooked ham
- 7 slices cheese
- 4 apples, thinly sliced
- ½ c raisins (optional)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3 c milk
- scant ¼ c sugar
- melted butter
- Cover bottom of 9 x 13 inch greased pan with half the bread slices.
- Place 1 slice ham, 1 slice cheese, sliced apples, raisins (optional), and cinnamon on each slice of bread.
- Top with remaining slices of bread.
- Combine beaten eggs, milk, and scant ¼ c sugar. Pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Before baking, drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 deg., uncovered, for 60 minutes. Temperature may need to be reduced after 30 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.